What?! I’ve only been blogging since August, and this past week I was nominated for two blogger awards! First, The Versatile Blogger Award, from Stephellaneous, and second, The Liebster Award, from Be Free 2 Love! Muchas gracias <3
The Versatile Blogger Award asked for 7 facts, so here goes nothing:
- I have an albino hedgehog named Poppy. She’s 5.5 years old, which is about 90 in hedgehog years (hedgies are only ‘supposed’ to live 3-5 years.) She’s super grumpy 98% of the time, but I love her anyways!
- I’ve been an extra in a handful of movies/tv shows: LOL, 5 Year Engagement, Into the Storm, and Detroit 187 (I might be forgetting one.) I really like seeing how everything works behind the scenes and feeling like I’m a part of something important! It was also cool to tie my shoes next to Emily Blunt, and watch Miley Cyrus (fresh out of her Hannah Montana days) drop about 20 f-bombs when a bee was flying around her on set.
- Along those same lines, I was on an episode of My Strange Addiction on TLC! But no, not for having a strange addiction. After seeing Davecat on an episode of the show, I tweeted him on a whim, since I had been trying to figure out what to do for a photojournalism assignment. He ended up tweeting back, and we set up a date for me to come out for a photoshoot! About a week before I was set to go over to his apartment, he emailed me asking if it was okay for the TLC to come film us for the duration of our shoot – they were filming a “where are they now” segment. Of course I said yes 🙂 The day of the shoot the TLC crew was running SUPER late, so me, Davecat, and his sex doll wife Sidore watched The Life Acquatic – ya know, just normal things.
- In case you hadn’t caught on by now, I really like using parentheticals. And commas. And probably overuse both, but that’s okay. I also hate hate hate when people misuse to/too, their/there/they’re, and spell ‘definitely’ defiantly. Unless I really like you, misuse/misspelling any of those things = deal breakers and/or heavy judgement. And if we are close? I’ll be correcting you 24/7. Sorry not sorry, I can’t help myself 🙂
- I went to college for 7 years. I’m the oldest person in my group of art school friends, and oy. 7 years is just a long time. I started at Valparaiso University in Indiana, going to school for Elementary Education, but a mixture of homesickness (missing both Joe and my parents/home in general), realizing I’d really rather just take care of/teach my own kids as a parent rather than 30+ other people’s kids, and realizing after taking a few art for elementary teachers classes that I would rather go to art school, I applied and was admitted to CCS! I started there as a photography major, but a year later switched to a Graphic Design major with a minor in Photography. Hooray for indecision! Luckily I have zero regrets, and wouldn’t have nearly as many good friends if I didn’t take the path I did.
- I’m a very messy, unorganized person when it comes to clothes and tabletops, but when I have to plan something (a wedding, vacation, people visiting…) a switch flips in my brain, and I turn into the most well-organized, detail oriented person in the world. I don’t get it, and I wish I could keep my life uncluttered all the time, but alas.
- I love bad TV. And good TV. Okay, I just like TV. I have the TV on way more than I probably should, but 99% of the time it’s just on as background noise while I work. Some must-sees for me include: The Bachelor(ette), American Horror Story, Once Upon a Time, Gotham, and Intervention. I’ve recently started watching Scream Queens, and after realizing Hulu has every season of America’s Next Top Model, I’ve been putting that on while I work on freelance things. Netflix is also great for Orange is the New Black, and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It’s a good thing Joe and I try to stay relatively active/eat relatively healthy, otherwise I’d definitely fall under the category of a couch potato.
Whew. That was a lot of long-winded facts. Congratulations for making it through! Now for some nominations and rules:
First, the Versatile Blogger Award:
If you are nominated, you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. You should:
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to his or her blog.
- Select fifteen (15) blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered and/or follow regularly. (Choose blogs you find excellent!)
- Nominate those fifteen (15) bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, including a link to the original VBA site.
- Notify your nominations!
- Finally, don’t forget to tell the person who nominated you seven (7) things about yourself.
Now to nominate 15 blogs! I actually decided to go through and follow a few more blogs that appeal to me just for the sake of this challenge…15 is a lot!
- Cavelle @ Mental Break In Progress
- Emily @ Emilys Posts
- Sam @ Undomestic In Training
- Julianna @ Pure and Simple
- Lindsay @ The Love Bungalow
- Michaela @ Deer and Daisy
- Amber @ Newlywedded Wurl
- Brittany @ Kingdom of Sequins
- Alice @ Alice in Kalamazoo
- Natalie @ The Disney Freak
- The Yates @ Love Yates
- Bailie @ The Married Young Diaries
- Tina and Maggie @ The Loudlies
- Mandy @ Happy Run Fit
- Dany @ Dany Reinvented
Whew. Now on to the Liebster Award:
This award is to show appreciation for bloggers for their continuous inspiration to others.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & Paste the award to your blog, along with 5 interesting/unknown facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
- My sister, Charlotte @ Turnip for What
- Maya @ Bee in DC
- Lady CAS @ Myasthenia Gravis
- Sophie @ Sophie Speaks Up
- Kelsey @ Rustic Sequin
Oy. Well thank you again to the two bloggers that nominated me, and congrats to all of the newly nominated bloggers – keep being awesome!
Bonus picture for making it to the bottom, who’d’ve thought Zingerman’s boxes would be a perfect snuggle spot for Poppy!?