It’s Monday! Fancy that.
- I could just write 5 bullet points about how beautiful it was yesterday, how I didn’t need a coat to go from my car to the bridal shower (where I got to see my friends yayyy!) how I drove home from the shower with the sun roof open, or how I loaded up our car for the drive back to Kzoo in bare feet – I’m pretty sure if I only had to deal with cold/snow on Christmas Eve/Day and the rest of the year was 65 and sunny, I wouldn’t miss winter one bit. But alas, I married a skier, so that’s never gonna happen 😉 (Also Kalamazoo has a winter weather advisory tonight starting at 10pm which kind of just makes me want to cry a little bit. Come onnnn, spring!)
- I’ve got a handful of product reviews coming up which is always exciting. More shampoo from HASK (they must like me,) the Amopé rechargeable pedi-perfect….which is very much needed in my life, a Purr-Packs subscription box for Barb, and a face serum/moisturizer. All good things, all good things! (Well, hopefully.)
- Escapes currently have 0% APR which is the 100% ideal situation for buying my next car. We have to give my Edge back to Ford the second I turn 26, and being car-less isn’t really an option, so on our drive home last night (after the Oscars red carpet, of course,) we talked about when we’d start looking for good deals – and of course this morning we realize there’s a 0% APR deal going on right now. *enter eye roll emoji here* MKCs also have 0% APR right now – just sayin. (Current/realistic dream car.) Oh well, we’ll wait a bit 🙂
- We moved desks at work on Friday, and I’m pretty much right at the front of the building now! Major downside is that I get a little bit of a breeze from the door being open, and there’s a vent semi-blowing on me, but I’m bringing a blanket to keep the chills to a minimum. I also am right next to the plants, so my tsum tsums (with a couple of new additions, courtesy of Kaitlyn) have a cute new place to live! The plants do pose an issue though – lots of little buggies. Imma need to figure out some inconspicuous bug-trapper sometime in the near future.
- Saturday we went to the Huntsman Club, where I got to sit next to a big ol’ fireplace – which, if I have to deal with winter, is one of my favorite things. I also tried brussels sprouts for the first time, and while these were veryyyy different than a regular ol’ brussels sprout (very sweet, with honey, cranberries, and I’m not sure what else) – they were actually quite yummy! Hooray for slowly expanding my palette. (Working my way up towards seafood…which there will be a plethora of in Morocco.)
Arg, I really need to bring a blanket to work after lunch. I’m quite chilly. Hope everyone has a great week, and happy leap day/Monday!