I got my first-ever massage in Thailand going on 10 years ago (woah.) and have had a love/hate/love relationship with them ever since. I have trouble getting my mind to just think about nothing (same reason I can’t do yoga,) and my back/neck are just so knotty and messed up that I definitely have to endure a little bit of pain to get anything accomplished. Soooo during my massage this afternoon I decided to try to keep tabs on where my mind was wandering, with some amusing results! (At least I think they’re amusing.)
- Yes, as much pressure as possible please. Oil me up!
- Hoooooly ow…too much pressure, too much pressure. But I’m going to keep my mouth shut. It’s a good hurt!
- Yes yes yessss get all those knots out. You’re amazing, I think I love you.
- This hurts. Really bad. Why am I here again?
- When are we getting to some butt-action?
- I can’t tell when this music loops. Huh.
- Yasssss time for my butt. Wait – that’s it? More, more, more!
- Did I shave my legs? I hope so.
- I wonder what she feels in my calf that needs all this attention?
- Would she be weirded out if I watched her? Probably. Keep your eyes closed, self!
- My skin is itchy. I hope I’m not allergic to the lotion/oil.
- I wonder why this room has like…an Italian countryside painted on the wall. I guess that’s relaxing…?
- Pleaseeee ignore my grumbly stomach. This is awkward. So sorry. Better than gas though, I suppose.
- There is NO way my 90 minutes are already up. I need more!
But alas, all good things must come to an end, and those 90 minutes seemed to go by quicker than the 60 I’m used to, and before I knew it I was in line at the post office discussing an old woman’s bladder habits. Relaxation can only last so long, I suppose.
Oh, and in case any Kalamazooians are reading this and wondering where I went, I went to Inspiring Hands with Stacie. Two thumbs up!