I’ve still got an hour and a half to write my happy Monday post, but we’ll see how detailed this post ends up being between the melatonin I just took and the infuriatingly itchy bug bite between my pointer and middle finger knuckles. Merp.
- Despite our last minute Memorial Day Weekend plan change, we still had a great weekend with friends and family…and lots of relaxing on the porch. Doesn’t get much better than that! My mom and I played 2 different Mensa-Awarded games – SET (a long-time family favorite) and a game Joe and I recently received from Kickstarter – World’s Fair 1893.
- As much as I love planning trips, I’m usually pretty bad at remembering to pack everything I need for short trips back to the other side of the state. This weekend? I forgot undies. Luckily I found a few pairs in a drawer leftover from my 3 week long trip to the Netherlands, where I just kept buying cheap HEMA (a mini Target, basically) undies to avoid doing my laundry at the laundromat in Den Haag’s Red Light District. Priorities. Very thankful I had stashed those away.
- This week is a super short work week! As a contractor, I guess that’s kinda stinky, but I’m looking forward to heading up north on Thursday anyway 🙂 Today my friends and I worked out a menu for the weekend since we’ll be renting a condo, and shortly I’ll need to unpack and repack my bag! Yay weddings!
- I got to go to Pure Barre Grosse Pointe this weekend – always a major benefit of being home 🙂 And I’m always crazy sore after a PBGP class, without fail. As much as I love climbing and Flex 2.0, nothing beats a Pure Barre burn. And I always ponder opening my own studio in Kzoo upon our return; it’s just so great.
- We brought tennis rackets back from my parents house! Hooray for being active this summer…at least in theory…if we can find time. I used to play tennis a LOT, so I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Heh. Swing. Get it? 😉
- DCOM 100! Need I say more? I could watch DCOMs all day err’day. (Disney Channel Original Movie, for the blissfully unaware.)
Woo! Made it through without falling asleep! AND with a bonus happy. And I’ve been distracted enough that my hand isn’t unbearably itchy at the moment. I also put Res-Q-Ointment on it.
Goodnight, and happy Monday!