Disclaimer: I was sent these products from Valentia with no compensation other than the product to test and review. The following post consists of my honest thoughts & opinions about the product!
Our house is pretty dry (we really need to refill our humidifier…) and Joe and I often wake up feeling super dry/dehydrated which just is not pleasant. To try and keep my face from getting too dried out, I’ve been on the hunt for a nice nighttime moisturizer that 1) isn’t too fragrant, 2) isn’t goopy or sticky, and 3) actually…does something. Shouldn’t be too hard, right? Wrongggg. So sad.
A little over a week ago Valentia sent me their Royal Rose Hydrating Serum to review, and I’m loving it so far! I’ve been putting it on right before bed, and my face isn’t feeling nearly as dry in the morning (though my throat and nose certainly do. Maybe now that I’m writing about it we’ll actually refill the humidifier) and it definitely feels just….better in the morning.
After the Benzoyl Peroxide tragedy of 2016, I’ve been trying to take a bit better care of my face – more natural ingredients and less harsh chemicals, which is exactly what Valentia’s Hydrating Serum brings to the table. From their website:
“After performing extensive research into what skin care customers find most important, we found an overwhelming demand for skin care that is natural, free of toxins and paraben-free. Natural ingredients with an organic base have proven most effective at repairing skin damaged by sun or wind, preventing signs of aging such as wrinkles, dark spots, and reversing the effects of oxidative stress on the skin. “
I really like looking at the ingredients of all natural products – basically just to see what I recognize, and I recognize most of the ingredients in this serum…I suppose that’s a good sign. Or maybe I just have a weird bank of knowledge. You be the judge.
- Rose Damascena: One of the most nourishing and skin friendly natural oils, providing balance, moisture, and a variety of vitamins and minerals to the skin.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B): This potent vitamin has been clinically proven to fade away hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and acne..
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamins C & A, these essential fatty acids work quickly to lock in skin’s moisture.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Provides light, non-oily moisture to the skin, never clogging or irritating the skin.
- Bearberry: Reduces melanin production, thereby lightening the skin, revealing a brighter complexion.
- Lavender: Heals the skin, treating pimples, wounds, and sores.
Really though, whether you’re looking to slow down signs of aging, or are just a 20-something like me trying to take care of their skin, I think this serum from Valentia has enough perks to benefit just about anyone.
ps. Fun Fact! Valentia was the Roman Goddess of healing, who relied on nature’s gifts to heal the citizens of Umbria.