Well shoot, it’s been a while since I posted something of substance, eh? Moving + Disney + unpacking + freelance + regular work takes a lot out of a person! No complaints though – I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t keep busy.
- Friday over lunch I decided we had to tear up the carpet on our stairs. I’m pretty sure the previous owners’ dog slept there every night, so the stairwell just reeked. The stairs will definitely need to be refinished at some point but I’m just happy to not have stinky stairs anymore 😀
- After buying all of the painting supplies to redo our porch floor, we…decided to tile it instead. So far we’ve cleaned the porch and put down a moisture barrier, and today after work we’ll be smoothing out the concrete with some mortar (it’s in really bad shape right now.) There’s a good chance we’re biting off a bit more than we can chew, but it’ll get done!
- I did a few blind taste tests with Vökin, Grey Goose, and Ketel One with friends and Joe over the weekend, and they all chose Vökin as the best one – so that’s promising! Hooray for *officially* having good product!
- One of my friends is visiting this weekend! We have grand plans of building porch furniture and sitting on the porch for hours upon hours, so hopefully Joe and I are able to get the floor finished before he leaves for a conference Wednesday night.
- Even though it was already a week ago, I’m putting our Disney trip into my happy things, because..duh. Disney. We took a whopping 274 Photopass pictures; when you’re paying a lot of money for Memory Maker (aka can download all of the photos) – you gotta take full advantage of every. single. photographer. on main street. Heh. Really though, we had such a great time, and are already looking forward to our next trip. Which will absolutely, certainly, without question be longer than 2.5 days:) (Well, 3, taking into account the Delta issues we ran into on Monday.) Look out for a full (mini) trip report in a week or so..once life settles down again!
Whew! Lots to catch up on. In addition to a Disney trip report, I’ll also be posting a couple of reviews sometime soon..yay for getting back into the swing of things!