Okay, I’m pretty sure I’ve been saying I’ll write a post about my “every day” makeup for a solid 4+ months now, but today’s the day – it’s actually happening! Now, I know I’ve given this disclaimer before, but I’m not a makeup pro by anyyyy stretch of the imagination… but thanks to a bit of pre-wedding coaching, I feel like I’ve got a pretty good handle on what I’m doing, and I think it looks alright most days.
There are plenty of days where all I do is fill in my eyebrows and maybe put on a bit of blush, but this is what my face looks like whenever I want to look presentable in public (work or going out with Joe/friends, primarily.) Nothing crazy, nothing sparkly, and pretty dang natural, but it works for me, and maybe if you get just as overwhelmed walking into a Sephora as I do, this will work for you too!
It’s really not a particularly complicated process, and that’s a lot coming from me.
- Caffeinated Eye Cream. I can thank Birchbox for this one. It smells like that fake popcorn smell. I have sleepy eyes in the morning, and this definitely helps.
- Garnier SkinActive Moisturizer. I got this recently from Crowdtap, and am loving it so far. Hooray for SPF! I skip this step sometimes if my face is feeling particularly oily, or if I know I’m getting photographed – SPF makes your face shiny in photos 🙂
- NARS Foundation – [color] I know I’m supposed to use some fancy application tool to put this on, but I just pour a small dab onto my fingertips and put it on that way. I tried a (knockoff) beauty blender once and felt like I was wasting a lot of my foundation as it got sucked into the sponge.
- Urban Decay Naked Concealer – The circles under my eyes are, and always have been out of control. This helps. It also helps with the reddish areas around the sides of my nose, and sometimes my chin if I’m feeling particularly ‘red’.
- NYX Eyebrow Pomade in Blonde. I could probably be making much better use of this stuff, but I do what feels right, and it seems to work out okay. I need to clean this brush/spoolie (?) more often than I do.
- Mascara. I’m not picky about mascara at all, so when I recently ran out, Joe suggested I get the Star Wars branded kind from Covergirl…so I did!
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soliel bronzer in Milk Chocolate. This stuff actually smells like chocolate and it’s amazing. I just put this on lightly down my temples, and a little below my cheek bones…and along my jawline if I’m feeling fancy. It kind of makes a 3 (I read that somewhere once. It works – I think!)
- Too Faced Love Flush blush in Baby Love. I just put this on my cheekbones and call it a day.
- Lips? This step varies. Lately I’ve been forgetting to put anything on my lips at all (like in the selfie I posted up there ^) but when I remember, I’m either wearing the lip color I got for my wedding: Tarte LipSurgence in Energy (not pictured) or any random lip color I can find that I’ve gotten from Birchbox.
Hah. Me saying 9 steps isn’t complicated. Who am I? Really though I can shower, dry my hair, get dressed, and put makeup on in 20 minutes or less (probably/definitely less now that my hair is shorter, I haven’t had to test it yet) in the AM assuming nothing goes tragically wrong, like accidentally brushing my cheek with my mascara brush. It’s pretty great, and allows me stay low maintenance which I greatly appreciate! 🙂
Do you have any go-to beauty products you wear daily? What about makeup remover? I’ve been using wipes from Trader Joe’s lately that Santa so kindly left in my stocking 😉