I feel like I’ve been saying this every week lately, but HOW is it already Monday again? Even though it means a day of not getting paid, I’m super grateful for this day off, which so far has consisted of an extended brunch with some of my coworkers! I gotta say, that’s one of my favorite parts of Kalamazoo: that basically everyone is a transplant, and therefore everyone is always looking for more friends. It’s pretty great.
- Going off of that, I’m going over to one of Joe’s coworkers houses for the Bachelor tonight! I’m surprisingly not doing too terribly on my bracket, but (mini spoiler alert:) I’m glad I changed my mind from having LB win! Despite the fact that it’s freezing cold and has basically been snowing since we got home last night, I’m looking forward to tonight!
- I finally remembered to find a yoga mat to bring back to Kzoo – one that I got in a subscription box last year and has yet to be used – and it will get christened at Boatyard Brewing Co. tomorrow for their Beer Week/Yoga event! I’m excited, even if I wasn’t able to convince Joe to participate in the yoga part of the evening with me 😛
- Somehow 10 years have passed since High School Musical first aired (whaaaa!? That makes me feel so old) , and Disney Channel is airing a reunion special on Wednesday night at 8pm…and I’m so excited to watch! Thank goodness the Disney Channel app on Apple TV has a live option.
- We knocked a few things off our 2016 bucket list over the weekend (well, this 2016 bucket list doesn’t actually exist, but a few things we wanted to accomplish were accomplished): Going to the NAIAS in Detroit (like we do every year), seeing my friend Rachel and her fiancé’s new house, going to Whiskey Six (a new restaurant which was delish) and I had been craving food from Atwater in the Park for a few months now, and we went there for a super late dinner Friday night when we got in. So I’m a happy camper…with a very full belly.
- Joe and I checked with our landlady, and we’re allowed to get a cat! We both love animals, and while Poppy is a great lil hedgie, she’s not a ‘cuddle on the couch’ kind of pet, and a dog just wouldn’t be a good choice for us right now, SO we’ve been looking at kitties in the area to rescue. If all goes according to plan (aka we find a cat that is very snuggly) we’ll probably be getting a kitty cat this weekend and I’m super excited! …and also figuring out logistics of what should be cleaned up/organized before that happens 😛
Also, one more PSA because I’m really not sure what I’m doing: when I switched from my .wordpress.com blog to a self-hosted one, I lost all of my followers – so just check to make sure that you’re subscribed if you thought you were before but haven’t been getting updates!