I <3 summer.
Pool days are the best days, especially when there are inflatables.
I’m just going to get straight to it this week:
- We just put our last month of rent in the mail! Woop woop! Now we just have to hope that we’ll have somewhere to go at the end of July. Come onnnn, appraiser dude.
- Only 39 days until our Disney trip! A weekend in the happiest place on earth (or at least one of them) will be a welcome reprieve to all of this house-related stress. Also I’m introducing Joe to the wonders of Boma. Salivating just thinking about it right now, mmmm.
- Saturday afternoon was spent at our friends’ pool floating on flamingos and ice cream cones. We popped in to Five Below (for the first time ever) before heading over to swim – definitely some of the best purchases we could have made…even if the ice cream cone wasn’t particularly float and relax-friendly. 😛
- I have officially started my Christmas shopping! Yay for sales and planning ahead! I highly recommend it. But along with early shopping comes writing a list of what I’ve purchased (and making sure I keep track of said list,) because let’s be real, I’d forget all about my purchases 6 months from now otherwise.
- Sample Vökin bottles have been printed! Very exciting. The owner is coming out this week to do dinner and discuss some small changes and adjustments that need to be made, but hooray for progress! Here’s hoping product finds its way to shelves soon!!
Sheesh, I started this post over lunch, and now it’s time to get ready for bed. Life is just too busy right now. Happy Monday!
It’s an awfully gloomy, cold Monday, especially compared to the the beautiful Easter Sunday we had yesterday – getting out of bed was hardddd today. Joe and I have been trying to pick something to do for our 1 year anniversary, and of course we don’t do anything half-way – so it’s a long, complicated process trying to figure out where we can go for a long weekend and get the best bang for our buck. I’m sure we’ll figure something out eventually!
- The Easter Bunny brought some yummy sweets from across the pond this year. It’s probably a complete coincidence that my parents just so happened to have layovers in European airports the week before Easter 🙂
- We decided to leave our door open a smidge for Barb to come into our room last night, to Joe’s chagrin. (Sort of. If he really didn’t want a cat in our room, the door wouldn’t have stayed open.) She did come in, and was actually pretty well behaved! Lots of meowing, but that seems to always happen when we return from a weekend away. Then I ruined all of the proud cat mom feelings by turning the shower on while holding Barb. 3 giant cat scratches on my neck later, I know not to do that again. Merp.
- The Detroit News featured my church on Easter Sunday – very cool to see those photos floating around the internet!
- I went to the mall on Saturday with a mission to get a pair of long, plain black (work-appropriate) leggings, and a pair of Madewell jeans (movin’ on up in the world and slowly replacing my Hollister jean collection now that I have a bit of a butt. Hah.) — and I was very successful! I ended up with Zella leggings from Nordstrom (two thumbs up. They’re reversible with black on both sides…which I thought was weird until I spilled something on the leg the night I got them,) a pair of jeans from Madewell, and a silk top (also from Madewell) that thanks to sales and a $25 gift card I earned, ended up basically being free!
- I’ve started (slowly) getting social media up and running for the vodka company I’ve been freelancing for since August. You should follow their insta/facebook – it would be much appreciated! It’s fun but also super intimidating having full control over how the brand is perceived. Luckily I have a bunch of ideas floating around in this crazy brain of mine, but still – success or failure is basically all riding on me, eek!
Hopefully everyone had a great Easter weekend!